For decades, the Forum for Youth Investment has helped community leaders understand what it means to take a “whole child, whole community” approach to their work. We’ve combined our experience with research-based and field-tested tools and techniques to help diverse partners who have competing priorities step back and look at the big picture in order to target their action more effectively.
Meet BPA Consulting
Big Picture Approach Consulting (BPA Consulting) consolidates into one technical assistance center the Forum’s teaching, coaching, technical assistance, facilitation and actionable data services focused on mobilizing the work of community coalitions and partnerships. BPA Consulting is led by Merita Irby, the Forum’s co-founder, and includes an expanding team of expert consultants from across the country and within the Forum leadership team. All of these experienced leaders have a particular focus on one or more of the wide range of coordinating groups with whom we work:
- Partnerships & coalitions
- Governmental coordinating bodies
- Funders groups
- Public systems
- Multi-service agencies
- Community catalysts & backbone supports
Get Strategic Support
BPA Consulting helps leadership groups build broader partnerships, set bigger goals, use data better and implement bolder strategies. Our team has decades of on-the-ground experience helping communities:
- Assess local context and capacity in order to build on what exists.
- Align structures, goals, data, resources and action plans in ways that literally get partners and initiatives “on the same page.”
- Advance strong plans and anticipate what it will really take to implement and sustain the efforts over time.
The hallmark of all of this work is balancing research and evidence with local wisdom, and using practical techniques to engage young people, families, providers and community leaders in authentic ways.
For Individual Places – State & Local
We start where you are, offering:
- Presentations & keynotes to explore ideas
- Facilitated meetings to advance discussions
- Trainings to sharpen skills and strategies
- Strategic planning support for major initiatives
- Data gathering to fill information gaps about your partnerships, policies, resources and impact
- Ongoing coaching to build the skills of your core team
For Funded Multi-Site Initiatives
We package and tailor key supports, including:
- A cadre of seasoned coaches
- Initiative design and content development
- Learning community design and facilitation
- Meeting/conference design and facilitation
- Lessons learned documentation and story- telling
- Project and partnership coordination
- Grants management
Interested in learning more? A brief conversation will ensure we understand your needs and select the right team and tools to help you go further faster at a price you can afford. Please contact Laura Jahromi (Laura@forumfyi.org) to be connected to the right member of the team.