There are many ways to bring the Ready by 21 Key Ideas to your community, system or network:
- Keynote Plus. Get more out of a keynote request. Ask us to add in the time to facilitate a reactor panel, offer formal or informal comments to an invitational meeting (board meeting, strategy session), host a Q & A session after the keynote, or do media interviews.
- Learning Labs. Provide teams charged with moving these big ideas into action with a structured 2 to 3 day opportunity to review key steps and try out the tools the Forum uses to help communities take a “big picture” approach to planning and partnering for impact. Excellent for staff and work teams who are creating, leading or participating in collaborations. [learn more below]
- Community Conversations. Train your facilitators to get more out of their community conversations. These big ideas are tied to root causes and community conditions that can be surfaced and captured when young people, families and community members are given tested, structured ways to create shared visions and discuss what it will take to achieve them.
- Dinner and a Day Symposia. Co-create a one-day symposia that uses the latest research to spark discussion among up to 60 local youth and adult leaders who are positioned to dig into ideas that can help them take their work together to the next level. Pair the day with a pre- or post-meeting dinner to ensure optimal participation of young people and families, board members or public officials.
- Changing the Odds Roadshow. If you are looking for a way to bring the Ready by 21 National Meeting home – from the plenary sessions to the core content workshops – we have a new, cohesive package that can make planning your next conference easier. Click here for more information.
We’re honored to have partners who are on this journey with us. We have already developed and tested facilitator’s guides and tools to help bring the powerful ideas in A Nation at Hope, Foundations for Young Adult Success, and Wildflowers: A Superintendent’s Challenge to America into our keynotes and discussions and are working to incorporate the seminal frames and recommendations from of all our partners. Talk to us about how to build these resources – and their authors – into your meetings.
Ready to get started? Contact Laura Jahromi, Program Manager
Big Picture Approach to Collective Impact Learning Labs
The Big Picture Approach to Collective Impact Learning Lab is a unique event – a practical, hands-on workshop and coaching session that brings the latest in collective impact dialogue, research, examples and facilitation techniques into the learning experience. The curriculum was developed in partnership by the Forum for Youth Investment, FSG and the Collective Impact Forum.
The workshop is designed around the Forum for Youth Investment’s Big Picture Approach© – a recurring five step process partnerships can use to design, implement and improve their work. Community partnerships, collaborations, and stakeholder groups can use the Big Picture Approach to identify current community work and partners, gain a clear understanding of priority issues, identify root causes, achieve consensus for needed change, and adjust interventions until desired results are achieved.
Intended Audience: The workshop is designed for leaders who are thinking about how the critical tasks of collective impact efforts can be staged and sequenced in order to move steadily towards improving outcomes. It is particularly useful for those in the early stages of forming or planning a collective impact initiative, or in the process of re-igniting or refreshing their initiative for the next phase of joint work. Teams are encouraged to attend and can greatly benefit from action planning together through the workshop curriculum. Special emphasis is given to tools and techniques that help leaders align and connect multiple issues and initiatives, identifying areas for joint planning and action.
Upcoming Collective Impact Learning Labs: check back here often to see when new events are scheduled.
Collective Impact Learning Lab – Ready by 21 Version
The Collective Impact Learning Lab Ready by 21 Version is a two-day adaptation of our signature Collective Impact Learning Lab designed specifically for leaders working on impacting outcomes for children and youth in their communities.
Upcoming Collective Impact Learning Labs Ready by 21 Version: check back here often to see when new events are scheduled.
Previous Participants: Access Materials