System Building Beyond the Bell Recap and Resources
July 8, 2020
Developing powerful environments where youth can thrive requires coordination, critical backbone services, supports, and continuous quality improvement. The American Institutes for Research (AIR) and The Opportunity Project (Tulsa, OK) presented this webinar focused on integrating learning systems through quality expanded learning opportunities.
AIR and The Opp highlighted promising practices in coordinating strategy alignment with a focus on Social and Emotional Learning. Participants learned how effective coordination of quality improvement activities can establish a collaborative culture, enhance cross-sector alignment, and develop collective responsibility. The session provided practical facilitation tools, tips, and research-based strategies for engaging quality improvement teams.
- Amy Anderson, Associate Director, Experiential Learning, The Opportunity Project
- Jazi Hiriart, Associate Director, Social & Emotional Well-Being, The Opportunity Project
- Fausto Lopez, Content Area Expert, American Institutes for Research
- Debbie Moore, Director of Expanded Learning, Tulsa Public Schools
On this page you’ll find the session recording, interactive transcript, powerpoint presentation, along with additional links and tools to guide your efforts.
Links and Resources Mentioned During the Session
Links from the American Institutes for Research:
- Recognizing the Role of Afterschool and Summer Programs and Systems in Reopening and Rebuilding
- Beyond the Bell
Links from the Opportunity Project:
Beyond the Bell Tools and Resources
Please note these tools are in editable, Microsoft Word format and will download to your computer.